Pastas are an extremely important part of Italian cuisine, and they are loved and cherished by both, kids and adults. They taste excellent when paired with a variety of sauces. The flavor and aroma which pasta sauces add to the final dish is just mouthwatering. Besides, the best part is, every sauce is different in terms of color, taste, texture, etc., and thus delivers different type of flavor.
If you love pasta, but don’t really know the different wicked pasta sauce, this article will be surely helpful to you. Here we have discussed the top 5 commonly used pasta sauces. Read on, and surely you will order your next pasta without any confusion at all…
Top 5 highly rated pasta sauces
- Arrabbiata Sauce – If you are a spice junky, this sauce is perfect for you. It is a bit high on the spice quotient, but works just absolutely fine with penne pasta. Well, of course you can pair with other pastas too, but penne pastas just absorb the consistency of this sauce in a flawless way. Arrabbiata sauce comprises of olive oil, dried red chili, and garlic.
- Alfredo Sauce – This is a white sauce, and it tastes just delicious. The sauce is made using the popular Parmesan cheese and butter. Also, it includes eggs and cream, and thus you can imagine its consistency and texture. It can be combined with all the different types of pastas, and they all will taste absolutely fantastic, especially when garnished with oregano and chili flakes.
- Carbonara Sauce – This is again a white sauce, and its main ingredients are cheese, eggs and pepper. Its texture is so silky and rich that it will leave you craving for more every time. It is highly recommended with penne and spaghetti pasta. Besides, if you add some garlic and veggies to your pasta, it will taste even better.
- Marinara Sauce – It is a traditional Italian sauce with is made using herbs, garlic, tomatoes, and onions. It is a popular sauce around the globe, as making pasta with Marinara sauce is basically effortless. Since it has a thick texture, it is even combined with pizzas along with pastas.
- Pesto Sauce – This sauce is completely different from other red and white pasta sauces. For starters, this sauce is green in color, and is made using basil leaves along with garlic, parmesan cheese, pine nuts, and olive oil.
Well, you see, it wasn’t that difficult. So, the next time you are out to eat pastas, keep this info in mind and order accordingly.